Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bring on the Summer Sun and Fun

     I feel like it has been a long time since I have posted on this little blog. It's not due to a lack of things going on in life or on the farm, on the contrary it may be due to an abundance of happenings in life. The kids and I are running full speed into summer and all the excitement and events that come with it. We know that these "days off" will fly by so fast and it is hard to believe that 2 weeks of summer vacation have already passed.  So lets see what what we have been doing so far.
     Our summer started with a graduation, from Kindergarten that is. David has officially mastered his first year of school and at our school that calls for a big celebration. This is a tradition that has been going on for years. I still have my kindergarten graduation hat and often at high school graduation receptions I will see kids placing these hats on display. David was so proud and it is so fun to see him growing into a wonderful little man.
      Great job David. We are so proud of you and all the hard work you put forward this year in school.

        To kick off summer we headed to our favorite beach and swimming hole close to our house, Camden State Park. I love state parks and this one is very special to our family because it is where I spent my summer swimming and playing while I was young, it is also where my husband and I had our first date and later he proposed to me here, and it is where my kids love to spend hot summer days.

         The kids spend endless hours digging in the sand, swimming in the cold spring few water, caching frogs, and just enjoying nature. With Camden being only 6 miles from our door step we like to go here as much as possible.
        There is also a wonderful playground next to the swimming pond and Camden. I had to capture some of the joy as they kids enjoyed the slides.


          While visiting a nearby larger city the kids and I took some time to visit the zoo there. We have been to this zoo a number of times but the kids always enjoy seeing the animals. These little squirrel monkeys were a favorite this time. I have to admit they were very cute, playful, and fun to watch.

              I love this one of all five looking at the big fuzzy grizzly bear. They are all getting so big. I know that we have a fun eventful summer ahead of us and it will fly by all to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment