Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pray Unceasingly

  I had a sad call from a father yesterday inquiring about the Natural Family Planning courses I teach. As we visited and I was explaining how the method works he informed me that his partner was currently pregnant. I asked when the baby was due and he paused and said they are exploring their options. My heart sank. I encouraged him to consider adoption if they felt keeping the child wasn't an option. He said the mother didn't want to go through with the pregnancy and then give the baby away. As we kept talking I could tell that they had already made up their minds on what to do. I asked him how far along she was and he said she was 15 weeks. I let him know that at 13 weeks the baby has a sex and can be seen by ultrasound. He told me they had already seen the abortionist and she had done an ultrasound and they knew it was a healthy baby girl. He said that they had an abortion scheduled for later on this week. I tried to help him see that this child is a living person and doesn't need to die. Before we hung up I told him I would be praying for both of them and the baby. This is what I would like to ask you to do also. Please pray for this little girls life. She is a little light that is in danger of being put out. Jesus please hold her and her parents close to you and help them feel your unconditional love. 
    Padre Pio: A Patron Saint for the Unborn
     The Blessed Mother said to him: “I am entrusting this unborn child to your care and protection.”
   Last night at our family prayer time I told my children about this baby and my daughter Mary decided she wanted to name the baby Joyce. She said this is because when Jesus saves the baby we can all rejoice that her life was sparred. 
      All life is precious and a gift from God   

No comments:

Post a Comment