Thursday, February 27, 2014

There's Hope

     Let's take a vote, who is fed up with all this cold weather. Here we are almost into March and still having day's with a high of below zero and wind chill warnings. My kids are starting to stare out the window asking if it is ever going to get warm enough to go outside again.  I can only guess the teachers at school are getting tired of inside recess.
      Our third calf of the year was born last night and it appears like he will forever carry the badge of a calf born in such cold weather, frozen ear tips.  We sure are glad that we have pushed back calving this year to the first of March so we only have three of those little guys on the ground with this cold, and not 15 times that many. It is amazing how well the cows handle the cold. Here is an earlier post I did on the cows in the cold.
       To help warm up this cold day and remind me that there is hope that warmer weather is on the way I gathered some pictures of what spring/summer means on the farm.

FRESH FOOD FROM THE GARDEN
COWS IN THE PASTURE
GETTING COWS READY FOR THE FAIR


EATING MEALS OUTSIDE ON THE PORCH


FRESH SWEET CORN FROM THE FIELD

          I don't know if looking at these pictures helped my spring fever or just made me more anxious for warm weather. For now I will just have to bundle up a bit more and watch for those signs of spring that I hope will be showing up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment